I can’t remember if I read somewhere or heard on the radio recently about a wife that writes out 5 things that she is thankful for about her husband. And she does this every day! Wow, most of us only write out thankful items once a year.
Now, I have tons of things that I am thankful about when it comes to my husband. But to list 5 different things every day? When this was first introduced to me, I immediately imagined, after about a year I would start struggling not to repeat myself no matter what or who I was writing about. 5 different things everyday? hmmmm……I am up for this challenge of growth.
I am extremely thankful for him, but I don’t feel that I voice my thankfulness enough and I am going to be intentional about this area of my heart. Actually, by the time this post gets uploaded I should have already started this. I want him to know how thankful I am for all that he does for us and he will be receiving a text or a face to face conversation every day with a list of gratefulness.
It is Thanksgiving and I am thankful! I do not want to list the items that everyone is probably expecting: my husband, our children, our grandchildren, opportunities in my life that I have grown from, the adventure that comes from the opportunity to travel every day with my husband to the next unknown location. Did you catch that? I got all that stuff included in my post too. 😊
Let’s seriously get started!
I am thankful for:
· The fact that there is more to us than living according to the flesh. Romans 8:1
· Freedom and God’s grace! Romans 6:14
· I can seek those things which are above, instead of the things of this world. Col 3: 1-4 & Titus 2:13
· I don’t have to conform to this world. God not only instructs me but gives me the opportunity to be transformed and to have a renewing of my mind. Romans 12:2
· God offers the Spirit of Wisdom. Ep 1:17 & James 1:5
· I don’t have to settle for the truth of this world! Because Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. John 14:6
· God didn’t dump us in this world and abandon us. Instead, He gave us the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38
· God gives us the opportunity to be armed and to fight our battles. Ep 6: 12-18
· God has brought me out of 40 years of wondering in the wilderness and saved me from the power of darkness. I have been delivered and redeemed through His blood. Col 1:13-14
· Love is more than the world portrays it to be. John 3:16 & 1 John 3:16
· I am thankful that I am aware that I need Him! I don’t have to wander through life thinking that its me against this world. He knows what I am capable of and doesn’t insult me when I don’t measure up. He knows I am weak and He not only wants me to give Him the Glory, He wants me to give Him my weaknesses too. God wants to sanctify me completely; mind, body & soul. 1Th 5:23
· I am thankful that I don’t have to get my identity from my job, my possessions, especially peoples words or opinions or from my past mistakes. My identity is in Christ! I am His!